This is the healthier vegan version of the classic, which is super easy to make. I recently discovered the brand Field Roast® vegan, soy-free sausages and they are amazing! I can’t tell you how good this was. I typically make this in the morning and let it marinade together until dinner time, then pop it in the oven.
· 1 package of Field Roast® vegan sausage, Italian flavor (12.95 oz, 4- pack)
· 4 bell peppers (assorted colors)
· 2 medium sweet onions
· 2 large Russet potatoes
· 2 sprigs of rosemary
· 4 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
· Sea salt & pepper to taste
Note: Also have on hand 1 large zip lock bag.
Note: I purchased the sausage at Whole Foods, but I have seen available at other grocers.
1. If cooking right away, Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Slice peppers, onions and place in zip lock bag. Peel and chop potatoes into manageable bites and add to the bag.
3. Slice sausage and add to the bag.
4. Add olive oil, salt and pepper, and rosemary to the bag.
5. Seal and shake up until the olive oil has coated the entire mixture.
6. You could leave this in the fridge until dinner like I do or cook right away.
7. Empty bag into an uncoated, large cookie sheet or shallow roasting pan and bake for about 30-35 minutes.
8. That’s it! Serve and enjoy.