This recipe was inspired by my friend Natalie who made this for me last week. It’s so easy to make and delicious. You could bake this longer if you’d like a crunchier cookie, but I served this warm and soft. It would be perfect with vanilla ice cream. I added almond milk whipped cream and Hersey’s Syrup to serve.
· 3 Tablespoons maple syrup
· ¼ cup coconut oil
· 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
· 1 Tablespoon rice milk (almond will work too)
· 1/3 cup creamy, unsalted almond butter
· 1 “egg” replacement substitute. I used Neat® Egg.
· 1 cup all-purpose flour
· ¼ teaspoon baking soda
· ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
· ½ teaspoon cinnamon
· 1 cup of vegan chocolate chips. I used Enjoyed Life® Mega Chunks.
Optional: Almond milk whipped cream, chocolate syrup, vegan ice cream
Have on hand a cast iron skillet coated with organic canola oil spray.
1. Preheat oven to 325°.
2. Blend together maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla and rice milk until smooth.
3. Add almond butter and combine till smooth. Now add in the egg substitute. (If using a kitchen mixer make sure to use the low or stir setting so you don’t over mix the batter.)
4. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
5. Slowly add flour mixture to the batter, and mix together until the dough just comes together. (The dough will be a little crumbly at this point.)
6. Add in chocolate chips by hand and combine together with hands. Press into a thin layer in the cast iron skillet.
7. Bake for about 17 minutes, and then rest until cool in skillet for about 10 minutes.