· 1 can hearts of palm, roughly chopped
· 1 can chickpeas, rinsed, drained, and mashed* see note
· ½ cup finely diced celery
· ¼ cup finely diced white onion
· ½ cup vegan mayo or the amount to your desired of creaminess* see note
· ½ tsp of black salt* see note
· ½ tsp of freshly ground black pepper
1. Mix together all your ingredients and enjoy!
2. I served these as open-faced Tuna Melts, with chao cheese slices and toasted in a panini press. I made this amazing garlic herb round this morning so that was the bread base. Yum!
· This lasts for a few days in the fridge, but the onion flavor can get a little intense. If you love onion, great! If not, you might want to omit the onion and just mix in when you are ready to serve.
· You can save the chickpea brine and use that to make your own vegan mayo. I had Vegan Hellman’s on hand so I used that.
· Black salt gives things an eggy type flavor. It is more intense in flavor than regular salt. If you use regular sea salt, then up the salt to 1 teaspoon. You can find black salt on Amazon or in Indian grocery stores.
· If you want to make this “fishier” in flavor, omit the black salt and swap for dulse flakes or kelp granules. You can also use a crushed up Nori sheet if you have that.
Adapted from: Vegan Meal Prep by Fields